What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the Website:
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name and/or your email address. For example, this information could be collected when you voluntarily leave a comment, subscribe to a newsletter, or submit a contact form.
- Information we collect from others:
We might receive information about you from other sources. If, for example, you use third-party software via the Website, this third party might transfer information to us for execution.
- Derivative data:
We gather certain information about you and the device you use to access the Website. When you visit this Website, we may automatically collect your IP address, operating system, type of browser, any website that refers you, the pages you view, and the time and date of access. We may also gain information about the actions you take, such as which links you click.
How might your information be used?
We may use the above-mentioned information that is collected to:
- Run competitions, sweepstakes, contests, or promotions
- Send you administrative messages, such as confirmation emails, technical notices, policy updates, security alerts, etc.
- Send you marketing information and updates, such as newsletters. Each point of contact will have the option to opt out of future communications
- Enable comments on the Website
- Answer your comments and/or questions
- Provide user support
- Track and measure advertising placed on the Website
- Process payments for purchases on the Website
- Investigate, and deter illegal and unauthorized illegal activities
Third-party use of your personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share this information.
The Website uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this Google service tracks Website usage, referring websites and actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information.
- PayPal and Stripe – these services facilitate our ecommerce offering. We receive the information we need for fulfillment of your orders, but never do we get access to your banking details.
- ConvertKit – this email service provider collects, stores and shares users’ names and email addresses with us for communication purposes, such as sending newsletters.
- Mediavine – The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. See more information under ‘Advertising Policy’.
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications apart from those listed above. This list may be modified at the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data. Anonymous data does not identify you and may be combined with data from other parties. Some examples include cookie data or analytics.
Anonymous data may be given to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile or leave a comment on the Website, some information may be visible to other readers of the Website, such as your user name.
Users may prevent cookies being logged by the Website. This is done by permanently denying cookies on your personal browser and deleting and cookies that have been set.
Please note that if all cookies are deleted and denied on your Internet browser, the Website may not by fully functionable or usable.
- Display Adverts:
The Website may use third-party advertising services to show advertisements to our visitors. See more information in the section below.
- Retargeting Adverts:
The Website may use remarketing campaigns via third-party service providers to market the Website. These third parties may include Facebook, Pinterest, Google, or Instagram. In retargeting, adverts are shown to past visitors of the Website based on cookies.
- Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels:
The Website may participate in sponsored campaigns with influencer networks, brands, or agencies. Sponsored content is disclosed in line with FTC requirements. Sponsored campaigns may use tracking pixels or web beacons with cookies by the sponsoring company, to track the campaign’s results with data on the audience and usage. No personally identifiable information gathered by the Website is used with these tracking pixels.
- Affiliate Program Participation:
The Website uses affiliate marketing by placing tracking links in in the content it generates. If you click on a tracking link in an affiliate partnership, a cookie is placed on your browser that tracks any sales for commission purposes. BackyardPests.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
You may subscribe to our newsletter on the Website, which may be used for advertising purposes. Newsletters may have tracking pixels embedded to evaluate the success of our marketing campaigns.
Using these tracking pixels, we may be able to see if and when you open an email and which links you click on. This enables the Website to adapt content in future newsletters to better match your interests. This information is not shared with third parties.
Sensitive personal information
Sensitive information may include, but is not limited to, your health information, criminal history, social security number, your race or ethnicity, political ideas, religious beliefs, trade union details, etc.
Information about minors
This Website does not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 16 years of age.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that the Website has such about a child under the age of 16 in its database, please send an email immediately via the contact form and we will use our best efforts to remove this information from our records as soon as is reasonably possible.